First off I would like to send out a huge thanks to all of you who are sticking through this rocky start for the project and contributing even though things are not all that clear :).
Second lets try and clear some things up.
- We have a logo now and I am working on integrating it with the project.
- There has been very little progress on a feather, I will create a thread that we can use to start planning something and get organised on it.
- The code is now able to be built on both 32 and 64 bit systems (I use Ubuntu 10.10 for this). I have stripped out the GStreamer binaries so that we build with the system libraries, flac, ogg, theora etc have also been removed and we are now down to taglib, sqlite, mozilla and xulrunner.
- Some changes have been made to the application for texting so that we don”t use Songbird anymore.
- Other changes to the application relate to removing the first run wizard.
- Here are the tools we are using:
- Self hosted blog [Habari]
- Self hosted Forums [MyBB]
- Svn hosted on sourceforge (we will probably eventually change to git but until we release we will stay with svn)
- Self hosted bugzilla at http://bugs.getnightingale.com/
- Wiki hosted on sourceforge (we will move this to self hosted soon).
Our next steps are only the following:
- Ensure all licenses and text are changed as required (remove Songbird)
- Create a new default feather and remove PurpleRain.
- Update all logos with new Nightingale Logo (Copper style).
Also a big thank you to all of you who have donated to this project we have made $50USD in donations and that goes towards the $110USD to host our project.